2. High in potassium, which should support healthy blood pressure levels.
3. High in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil.
4. High in fiber, about 7% by weight, which is very high compared to most other foods. Fiber can have various important benefits for weight loss and metabolic health
5. Numerous studies have shown that eating avocado can improve heart disease risk factors like Total, LDL and HDL cholesterol, as well as blood triglycerides.
6. One dietary survey found that people who ate avocados had a much higher nutrient intake and had a lower risk of metabolic syndrome
7. Studies have shown that eating avocado or avocado oil with veggies can dramatically increase the amount of antioxidants you take in.
8. High in antioxidants, including Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients are very important for eye health and lower the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
9. Some studies in isolated cells have shown that nutrients in avocados may have benefits in preventing prostate cancer, and lowering side effects of chemotherapy in some cells.
10. Studies have shown that an extract from avocado and soybean oils can significantly reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis.
How The Soup Cafe uses avocado
2. We keep only a limited supply of avocados on hand and replenish our avocado supply every morning to ensure freshness. Avocados cannot be frozen and tend to have a very short shelf life.
3. Our avocado dishes are only prepared to order.