- Plantains are very reliable sources of starch and energy.
- Plantains contain a high amount of dietary fiber which helps ensure healthy bowels and reduces constipation.
- Plantains are high in vitamin C . Consumption of foods rich in vitamin-C helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen- free radicals.
- Plantains are high in vitamin A. In addition to being a powerful antioxidant, vitamin A plays a vital role in the visual cycle, maintaining healthy mucus membranes, and enhancing skin complexion.
- Plantains are rich sources of B-complex vitamins, particularly vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine). Pyridoxine is an important B-complex vitamin that has a beneficial role in the treatment of neuritis, anemia, and to decrease homocystine (one of the causative factors for coronary artery disease (CHD) and stroke episodes) levels in the body.
- Plantains also contain folates, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin. Folates (folic acid) are essential for healthy pregnancy.
- Plantains also provide adequate levels of minerals such as iron, magnesium, andphosphorous. Magnesium is essential for bone strengthening and has a cardiac-protective role as well.
- Plantains are high on potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure, countering negative effects of sodium.
- Plantains are famed to be diuretic and can help prevent kidney and bladder problems.
- Plantains ease the discomfort associated with the menstrual period.
How The Soup Cafe uses plantains?
2. We bake our plantains instead of frying to cut down on the grease.
3. Our plantains are only prepared to order and can be ordered as a side dish.
4. We use only the sweetest plantains fresh from the market each week.